Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Projects, more projects

Here are a few pictures of quilts in progress.













Above is the Wee Spin wall hanging from the class I took at Ye Olde Schoolhouse last weekend. I took a picture of it being laid out. I sewed jelly rolls (40" strips of 2 1/2" wide pieces of material) together and then cut them out into 4 1/2 triangles. The triangles get pieced together to form hexagons. I had a lot more fabric then called for so I just kept going, adding another row to the finished hanging. It is off to be quilted this weekend. I love the 1930s reproduction materials and the "school house" look to the hanging. Clicking on the pictures should enlarge them so you can see the materials. They're fun!


Next is a quilt I'm calling my "Springtime" quilt due to the colors. However, they look totally different on this picture - much brighter. This is a large 9 patch, each block is a finished 15" and it will be another large queen/king sized quilt. Clicking on the picture shows the fabric better. I love the blue fabric.






And, I am in the process of finishing up a twin sized quilt. I just started hand sewing the binding on.

Phil made me promise not to purchase any more material until I have all of my projects completed.

I'm trying . . .

1 comment:

Terri said...

OH-MY-GOD!! You're a MAD woman. Those are awesome and very intricate. Great work!