Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Voting


I was 174th at my voting precinct today when I walked in at 3:50 pm.

I have to admit, I was undecided as to who I would vote for. For me, there were two great choices. I've done my reading, mulled over the issues, even discussed the candidates with others (which I NEVER do as I really hate politics) and I still wasn't sure.

So, there I stood, ballot in front of me, still debating. What to do? Who to vote for?

I made a decision and drew the line to complete the voting arrow.

This was the first time in all the years that I have been voting that the decision was so difficult for me to make.

For me, it was the right decision. However, I have faith in the other candidate.

What a mess.

One other note: Why is Hillary Clinton always referred to as "Hillary" and Barack Obama always referred to as "Obama?" Has anyone else noticed this?

4 comments:

GOLFMYTIMEAWAY said...

Glad you exercised your right to vote. So many of our citizens, past and present, sacrificed so that we can all choice who leads us.

In answer to your question--I think all candidates are referred to by their last name. However, in the case of Hillary Clinton since her husband was President the press decided to us her first name to eliminate any confusion. That is my take on the issue.

Julie-Ann said...

Makes sense. But on the otherhand, some people might see using Hillary's first name as a lack of respect.

Have I ever mentioned that I hate politics? It is right up there with snow!

GOLFMYTIMEAWAY said...

Oh Honey,

You and the diva dogs love the snow! It makes you happy and gay. That cold, winter weather just adds color to that lovely face. And, most importantly, it makes provides such a lift to your personality.

Julie-Ann said...

Oh, boy . . .

I've had enough to shovel with all of the snow!

LOL!

The only lift to my personality is a plane ticket to another warm climate (thanks again, honey, for the trip to Atlanta!)