Monday, July 14, 2008

Spoiled Rotten



My sister, Suzanne, has always said that if there is such a thing as reincarnation, she would like to come back as a spoiled American house dog.


I tend to agree.

That's my Gracie, with whom I made the huge mistake of letting her sleep with me in the bed. Poor Lucy Lou. By the time I got Lucy Lou I had learned my lesson. She has a nice, comfy doggie bed on the floor next to where Gracie and I sleep.


Notice I said, "Gracie and I?" This 10 pound dog takes up 3/4s of the bed. I kid you not! Plus, she likes to stretch out, jabbing her legs in my back. And, since she insists on sleeping facing the door (to protect me from any intruders who might wander into my bedroom, I have no doubt) I get to experience the oh, so NOT thrill of rolling over in the middle of the night to face a dog butt!


Most nights she starts off wanting to sleep under the covers, curled up next to me. I will admit, on cold winter nights it feels good. I don't understand how she can breathe under there. More than once I have woken up in the middle of the night to Gracie crawling and pawing her way out of the covers, gasping for breath.

 

No comments: