Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Another Block of the Month & Peace On Earth Quilt

Just started (well, into Month 3) of a BOM from The Quilt Shop on Main in Jasper, GA.  This is using Moda's French General Rouenneries Deux fabric. 


I could have opted to make this quilt in cream, blue and yellow.  Since my eye always goes first to anything blue and yellow I was excited to make it.  However, when I saw this fabric I liked the combinations so I stepped out of my comfort zone and went with the French General.  Hmmmm  . . . maybe more to that decision than I originally thought!

Also finished the quilt using Moda's Peace on Earth fabric line.  First time I ever used a fabric layer cake pattern and it was fun (I won't go into how I read the instructions, but did not follow the  fabric placement chart and had to rip all of the quilt apart and start over - seriously, I will not mention that at all.  I also won't mention that I couldn't figure out why the pattern was coming through or the red half square triangles at the bottom were not there and that it was a non-quilter friend, who glancing at the placement chart pointed out my error in about two seconds after the top was 99.9% done.  No I won't mention how I felt about that at all!).  I purchased the book and fabric while still living in Milwaukee.  Been in Georgia now for two years so I figure I had it around four years.  Pictures are terrible, but you get the idea!


You can't really see the pattern too well from these pictures anyway, but, beleive me, it is there!

I will be starting the Block of the Month - Women of Courage quilt soon.  But, besides that I will NOT BE PURCHASING ANY OTHER QUILT MATERIAL OR PROJECTS UNTIL I FINISH ALL THAT I HAVE STASHED AWAY.

Yeah, right.

2 comments:

grandmarockton said...

Really you WON'T buy anything? Wish I could follow thru when I say that! LOL

Julie-Ann said...

Well, Iam making some holiday items for gifts and myself, but I am really trying not to purchase massive amount of fabric for quilt purposes until I get at least 3-4
projects completed that I have already in my quilting closet! I have one queen size quilt started, another I pulled out to review the pattern and at least 2-4 lap or queen size quilts still to go!