Thursday, August 09, 2007

Quiet Time


I'm feeling a little overwhelmed at work this week!
It is a very busy time for us and I know that I am not alone in feeling overwhelmed and terribly busy.

To top it off I've been experiencing eye strain while looking at the computer all day. Time to check out the drug store reading glasses. Jeez.
I have lived alone most of my adult life. Now, in a committed relationship, I truly enjoy the time I spend with Phil. Since he lives over 70 miles from me, we are not together 24/7, but do spend considerable time with each other. I love it, because I love him. I truly enjoy his company. He is my best friend, confidant, and lover. I am looking forward to spending a lifetime with him.
Phil will be out of town this weekend. While I will miss him terribly, I am looking forward to a weekend by myself. I have books to read for my book club, HGTV to watch, dogs to walk, flower beds to tend, a massage scheduled - my days will be full and my evenings quiet. Sunday I'm planning a "bumming" afternoon with a gal pal in a small town filled with quaint stores and antique shops.
So my weekend will be busy, but also quiet and I will be able to do as much as I want or absolutely nothing. I will have "alone" time, which I need every few months.
Sounds wonderful.
(But, don't be gone too long, Gotti)

4 comments:

Earthbound Spirit said...

Love the graphic! Hope your weekend is a respite...

Anonymous said...

IT FEELS GREAT BEING MISSED AND APPRECIATED. THE ONE ITEM YOU LEFT OFF YOUR WEEKEND ACTIVITY CHART WAS GIVING AWAY OUR TOMATOES!! FOR EVERYONE WHO READS JULIE ANN'S BLOG YOU MUST KNOW THAT WHEN THE EXPRESSION "HAVING A GREEN THUMB" WAS COINED IT HAD JULIE ANN IN MIND. THE CROP OF TOMATOES AND SPICES SHE HAS IS JUST WONDERFUL. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SAVE ENOUGH OF TOMATOES FOR OUR ITALIAN DINNER. GOTTI

Julie-Ann said...

Ha! We'll have enough tomatoes to feed all of Italy!

Glad you're back, Gotti.

Sharon said...

A. I, too, love the graphic!
B. Hope your weekend was all you wished for!
C. I, too, thoroughly enjoy both my "together" time and my "alone" time -- both in balance. :-)
D. Tomatoes? Extra tomatoes? (smacking lips)

:-)

P.S. I'm SO happy to have met Phil, because now I have someone in mind when I'm reading about him! :-)

Hi, Phil! And thank you for taking such good pictures with my camera at the church ladies' gathering!