Saturday, November 08, 2008

My Achin' Back!


It's been quite a few years since my back has hurt me this much. This time it started with a "stitch" like feeling on my left hip. I went to the doctor's office on Monday where he took X-Rays, did lab work, ruled out a kidney infection and lectured me on my scoliosis and offered me pain meds. I declined the meds thinking I could tough it out. Silly me.

The pain had been waking me up for the past 3-4 nights. Every time I wanted to change positions shots of pain occurred in my left hip area. Then it started spreading to my tummy and lower back. OUCH!
Wednesday afternoon I took a few hours of vacation time to deliver some specially ordered pants to my Dad's health care facility. By the time I got home the pain was so intense I called urgent care and managed to drive myself to the clinic.

Now I'm home and going crazy. I am on a muscle relaxer and pain killer so when I take my meds I sleep. Because I am not as mobile as I should be I am starting to get sore. I can't win no matter what position I'm in. OUCH!

This has been a rough year on my health. I've missed more days this year than in the past 3 or 4 combined. All legitimate. I one of those people who feel that when you are sick, stay home. So far I've been off 2 full days with this back problem. It is now Saturday night and it's not much better.
I'll go to work on Monday, but if I'm in pain it's off to the doctor once again

No comments: