Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mary Sue's Doggie Quilt


Mary Sue is my doggie sitter. She is also my nephew, Patrick's, aunt on his father's side. So, there is a family connection.

Mary Sue loves animals and loves my dogs. I am so fortunate that she is available to dog sit. Not only does she love my dogs and takes wonderful care of them, she also stays at my home while I'm gone so that my house is always "lived in." All this for a nominal daily fee and food. Our agreement is that she never leaves my dogs alone for more than 6 hours, sleeps at my house and I provide food for her to eat. She also has use of my washer and dryer. It is a win-win situation, although I think I (and the dogs) get the better end of the deal!

This year for Christmas I made her a silly doggie lap quilt. She picked it up yesterday and just loved it. So, we took a picture, although Gracie and Lucy Lou didn't want their pictures taken. Bad hair day for the dogs, I guess! Below are additional pictures of the quilt.

Yesterday I took Mary Sue to the Wisconsin Humane Society and we got her a cat. Her last cat, Barney, died a couple of years ago and she has been very lonely. She really doesn't have a lot of money, so Phil and I agreed to pay for the cat as well as any cat related items she may need and the first trip to the vet. Mary Sue is thrilled! The new cat, Maggie Mae is beautiful, very friendly and will have a wonderful home with Mary Sue. I'm not traveling for a while so Maggie Mae will have time to adjust to her new environment. And, when it comes time for Mary Sue to doggie sit again, Maggie Mae should be OK alone at night as Mary Sue lives close to me and can return home several times a day to check in on her. She is a very lucky cat!

Back of quilt - note dog/bone quilting


Quilted at The Patched Works

No comments: