Sunday, February 08, 2009

Purple People Eater

I finished up the last step - hand sewing the binding - on a twin size quilt I made. I call it my "purple people eater" quilt due to its color. I certainly hope those who sleep underneath it are safe and sound!

Hard to believe a quilt came out of those squares, but it did!



And here is the end result. It is the "furrows" pattern, which is the same pattern I used on the baby quilt (see older posts)


I am making at least 3 twin sized quilts for our future home. I plan to have a large bedroom in the "shabby chic" style. All will be different colors, but all 4 patch. The 2nd one is currently being cut and in blues and purples. I think the 3rd one will be in greens.


Left is the backing, which I love.

Right is a close up of the quilting, done by The Patched Works.

You can click on the pictures for a closer look.




I don't think Lucy Lou is very impressed with all of my hard work!

No comments: