Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Another quilt finished

So, my "quilt from hell" aka Basket Weave 4 patch is all finished! This is the first large quilt I attempted and now that it is quilted and the last stitch of the binding hand sewed, I am happy with the results.



It is HUGE. I thought I was making it for a queen size bed, but so much more hangs on the other side which from this picture you can't see, it would fit well on a king size bed.






Here are some additional pictures.







Once again I had it professionally quilted at The Patched Works.


We chose a very simple pattern, I believe called "Rain" since the quilt itself was busy and I really wanted the "basket weave" to show. The "quiltie" ladies, as they are called at the store, are wonderful and so helpful.

Here is the backing. I love the material and am using it on my "dragon fly" quilt, which is currently being quilted by Meandering Mary. The quilting shows up a little better in this pic.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Oh, Julie Ann, it's beautiful! I also love the backing fabric!

I still have my one feeble attempt at a crazy quilt in a "work box," that will never be finished. Fortunately, I wasn't ambitious enough to think I was making anything but a wall hanging, so it's not so very much fabric that is sitting there, wasted.

Some day, maybe ....