Thursday, March 19, 2009

Walking with the Dogs


This week I've been walking the "girls" very early each morning - around 6:15am. Notice I use the word "with" the dogs, not "taking" them for a walk! Big difference.

We walk each other actually. They slow me down while taking lingering sniffs and I drag them along with the sniffs become obsessive.

This morning was lovely. During the pre-dawn hour, a sliver of a moon hung in the blue sky surrounded by huge, dark clouds. Since I love the moon in all of her phases, this glimpse was breathtaking.

The birds are very active this time of day. Even though we walk very early in the morning, the robins are singing their little hearts out. I like to think one joins us, flying from tree to tree and serenading us as we walk. However, it is more than likely many robins saying "Good Morning!" to each other. Other birds join the chorus - the chirp of the little sparrow, the whistling of the cardinals, the cries of the gulls. Every morning has the opportunity to turn in to a major bird concert!

I'm by nature a morning person. I love these walks as much as Gracie and Lucy Lou do. It gives my day a boost of inner peace and contentment. It is my time to spend with God, with nature. It is my prayer.

Sniffs and all.

2 comments:

Earthbound Spirit said...

Hey, girlfriend! The women in one of the classes I facilitate at church started talking last week about prayer. We might start a prayer group together after the end of the class. One of the things we started talking about was different kinds of prayer - how we pray differently. I wonder if I might read this post to them?

Thanks for what you write. I love keeping up to date with your projects and "the girls."

Julie-Ann said...

No problem, dear friend. I'm honored!