Sunday, April 04, 2010

Happy Easter


I love springtime in the South. I'm in Georgia for a weekend spending time with family and looking at houses. This year the Japanese cherry trees are spectacular. All of the flowering trees are pretty. Flowers are blooming - it a lovely.

Spring is the time for rebirth - in all ways. The earth is shedding its cold blanket and flowers are pushing their way through the dirt towards the sun and leaves are budding on the trees and plants.

For me it is the time of change. My house is sold and I will close on it May 11. I am here now looking for a new place to call home in the Canton, GA area. But, since I can't retire until August 23, I will be temporarily moving into a friends upper duplex for 3 1/2 months in Milwaukee. Luckily, it is basically furnished so I only have to move in what I the very basics of what I will need for both myself and my doggie girls - no furniture, dishes - nada!. Hopefully, all of my belongings will be safe and sound in my new home in Georgia.

So, metaphorically, it is now a rebirth of myself, too. I will no longer be a "working" person, but a "retired" person, although I plan to get a part-time job after the holidays this year. I will be living in a whole new region of the United States - new state and new city. I will be making new friends, joining new groups and trying new activities. I know I will be busy and happy.

I am letting go of an old life and building a new one. Like the little flowers in my yard, I am pushing my way up towards the sun, feeling it warm me and pull me towards it.

Life is good and it will continue to be so. Hectic and crazy for the next few months, but good. It's time, it is my season of change and I intend to embrace this time for all it is worth!

1 comment:

Jen said...

So what type of part time are you going to look for? A quilt shop?