Saturday, April 02, 2011

MARTHA'S VISIT

****************************

My friend, Martha, came down for a week at the end of March.  "The week that rained every single day?" you ask.  Yup.  That week!

Unfortunately, every single thing I had planned for us to do was out of doors.  Both Martha and I like to hike and I had planned to check out many of the local trails with her.  Since hiking in the rain or in the mud wasn't an option, we had to go to Plan B, of which I didn't have a clue.

We did have a good time and I really enjoyed having Martha here.  We spent one morning walking around the town of Blue Ridge.  We visited the Georgia Aquarium in downtown Atlanta. We have an awesome aquarium here.  We went to the Funk Heritage Museum on the Reinhardt College campus, which is just a few miles from my house.  We played Bingo with my MeetUp group one evening, visited Marlon and Suzanne and just hung out a lot.  One day we were able to hike up Kennesaw Mountain and visit the Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park's museum.  We had lunch at Tea Leaves and Thyme, a cute tea shop in Woodstock and a great dinner at Goin' Coastal in downtown Canton. 


Me, Sam, Martha and Oliver at the top of Kennesaw Mountain
 Martha would like to move away from Milwaukee and is checking out areas, so we did look at houses one afternoon.  That was fun.  I hope she comes down this summer and we can check out Chattanooga together!

The first couple of days after she left was a little too quiet.  Sam and Oliver missed her, too.  I hope the weather won't scare her away for good!

No comments: