Sunday, January 22, 2012

Autograph Quilt Part II


David - a man of few words! 
I have over half of my "autograph" pieces signed and returned to me. I am waiting to create the finished blocks until I have almost all of them. I have four pieces still waiting to be returned, two to be mailed out this week and hope to have 25 or 26 signed blocks. If I need additional blocks to complete the total quilt pattern I will write quotes about friendships on the blocks I need to finish.

I tried to block out the last names of my friends.  Lori is a
Unitarian Universalist  minister and the
flaming chalice is a symbol of the religion
This quilt is so much fun. Every time I see an envelope in my mailbox I get excited.
I've known Shelley a LONG TIME!  LOL
She also married my cousin, Bob.
While some people just sign their names (which is perfectly fine), other's draw or write "friendship" sayings or other things. It's a hoot!
Kind of hard to read in this photo, but Terri tells the story of
an interview question I asked her when she applied for a position
in the department I worked in.  I asked her how organized she was.
Her reply was  "You should see my sock drawer!" 
She was hired and we've been friends ever since - over 19 years!
A great friendship quote from Martha!

No comments: