Sunday, January 22, 2012

Yet Another Block of the Month - Batik Quilt

I do get hooked on quilting Blocks of the Month (BOMs).  I love them because you get your fabric and block pattern, spend a few hours putting it together and forget about it for another month. 

My latest BOM will be using bright batik prints with a black fabric background.  I saw the first block this when I was at The Quilt Store on Main Street in Jasper, GA last October.  It is offered with a white or black background.  Martha was with me and we both commented on what a beautiful, vibrant quilt would be made from these fabrics and we both agreed the black background was the way to go.  A week later I went back to sign up and get my first block. 

I got my first four month's done.  I love them and can't wait to see what the fabrics will be next month! 

Kathy, owner of The Quilt Store on Main, opened her shop about a year and a half ago.  She offers not only fabrics and notions (the usual), but long-arm quilting services, too.  Her shop while small, is growing.  I think she will need more space before too long.  I am taking a paper piecing class there in March and hope to take many classes from her.

It is nice to finally have a "home" quilt shop again.

No comments: