Wednesday, June 12, 2013

LOTS OF QULTING PROJECTS

I have been busy quilting, just not posting what I have been working on!  So, here is some of what I have been up to.  Most of these are quilt tops that will slowly be professionally quilted as I can afford it.  Some I have posted months or even a few years ago as I was working on them, but not the completed projects. Thanks to my friends, Karin and Ann for being the "quilt models" even if they were hiding behind the quilts!

********
 My Aunt Grace's Circle of Friends is top is finally completed.  Yea!

 
This Block of the Month project turned out great.  I love the bright, happy colors of the 1930s reproduction fabric.

Karin is being silly!  This quilt does make you happy!  The center medallion and flowers around it are all hand stitched on the quilt.  This quilt top was a ton of work, but worth all of the time and effort.  More close up views will be shown after it is quilted and bound.

How can this bright quilt top not make you smile?  Just knowing it is finally done makes me smile!

********
So, what do you do when you win two charm packs?  (A charm pack is usually 44, 5" squares of fabric all from the same fabric line.) Purchase two more, throw them all in a paper bag and pull out four charm squares at a time (making sure they are all different) and make four square blocks! Arrange the blocks in a way that pleases your eyes, sew them together, add a couple of borders and you got a very, very simple and easy quilt top!

 
I had five fabric pieces featuring tea cups left over from a different project.  Those got fussy cut and added to the mix.


Here's the backing fabric.


This was quilted at The Quilt Shop on Main in Jasper, GA. I think they did a wonderful job.


It is time for Ann to be silly in this picture. 


********
I loved this fabric and the panels that came with it.  As much as I hate working with pre-printed fabric panels and after drooling over the fabric for about a year, I finally purchased it and made a quilt top. This little quilt will grace my back porch when completed.

 
Close up of this beautiful fabric.  Not fond of working with panels, but it was  worth is on this quilt.
 


Had to get the dragonfly panel in a picture!

 
********
I fell in love with this quilt while visiting a quilt store in Colorado in 2008. I purchased the kit and finally got it done in 2013. It is my hydrangea quilt, so soft and pretty. Again, working with printed panels can be a challenge, but it turned out great. Can't wait to see it once it is quilted.


Close up of these lovely fabrics.  So soft and pretty.

 
Close up of a couple of the panels and the pretty border fabric.
 
 
********
Finally, finally, finally this quilt is finished. I call it Jeannie's quilt after the owner of Ye Olde Schoolhouse quilt store in Cedarburg, WI, which was my home quilt store before I moved to Georgia. This was a project! Jeannie gave each of us in the Friendship Quilting Group a fat quarter and two quilt block patterns each month. We had to use the fat quarter fabric in each of the two very different blocks filling in the rest of the fabric from our stash. Over the course of the year we made 24 blocks. I added the Friendship Star square in the center. I think it is fabulous and can't wait to get it quilted.


********
Put on your sun glasses and gaze at the Tropical Breeze quilt! This was a Block of the Month I did from my new home quilt shop, The Quilt Shop on Main. I had never done a piano border before and it was fun to make. Before this quilt top was done, my friend Sally was visiting. She really liked the blocks I had complete at that point.  We stopped in the quilt shop and she saw the completed quilt. While we were both looking at it I said I wasn't sure about the border and thought it might be too loud. Sally laughed and said she just loved it. So, once quilted and bound it will go to Sally.

See Karin and Ann's twinkle toes? 
********
Thanks again to Karin and Ann for displaying and refolding the quilts for me. You're the best!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really admire your work, they are all beautiful!

Unknown said...

Love them all!! Especially the Circle of Friends!!