Monday, May 18, 2009

Bluebirds on a quilt

Click on pic for a much better view.
I said I would not purchase any more fabric. However, I couldn't resist this.




I saw this bluebird fabric on a sample lap quilt kit at the Quilt Show last month. It is from Fern Hill Quilt and Antiques. I fell in love with it and while at the show, asked the designer if I could get the material and pattern, but for a queen size quilt.





The ladies at Fern Hill are very helpful and adjusted the pattern for me and sent me the material. I'm thrilled. The material is called Bluebird Dishes by Lily Mae for Fine Line fabrics. It is based on old bluebird dishes.

My grandma had several Homer Laughlin bluebird plates and I have them, along with others I have found over the years. So, this fabric called to me. I picture the quilt on a bed with the plates hanging over the bed and maybe a few other items of my grandma's in the room.

So, now a few projects might fall to the wayside while I make this quilt. But, it will have to wait until after the Friendship Star quilt is completed, as well as the Broken Dishes wall hanging and the lap quilt for my nephew.

So, many quilts and fabrics, so little time.
NO MORE FABRIC. I PROMISE. I promise. I promise. I promise! I promise!!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Beautiful fabrics!! How did applique class go??

Julie-Ann said...

Yeah. I love, love, love the colors.

I'll write a post on the applique class! It was fun.