Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Little Overwhelmed


Yeah - I'm a little overwhelmed in the quilting world these days. Maybe life, in general.

I have 2 queen sized quilts that need the binding put on. Hopefully today I will get the binding machine sewed on both of them. That will make me feel better. I can take my time with the hand sewing, which I love to do at night. I figure it will take most of the summer to get these babies completed with the binding. That I can handle.


My sampler quilt is almost done. Tuesday is the last class and we put the sashing on. Then I can add the boarder, measure out the backing and get it to the quilters. I just have to finish one piece of hand applique, which I should get done tonight and/or tomorrow night. Of the three appliques blocks, only one got hand finished. The other two I did on the machine. I was going to hand turn one small piece, but felt too much pressure to get it done. My machine applique definitely needs a lot of work, but I enjoyed it and I am enjoying hand stitching using the blanket stitch.


The baby quilt keeps getting pushed to the side. Hopefully, tomorrow I can get the blocks completed. I only have 8 more to go, so it won't take long to piece them. Sewing the blocks together won't be bad, either, but where's the time? I want to take both the sampler quilt and the baby quilt to the quilters at the same time. It will be a relief to get them out of the house!


It's nice weather this weekend. I have gardening to do, too!


I need to retire so I can get things done! Only 14 months and 24 days, but who's counting?

No comments: