Saturday, February 06, 2010

Jeannie's Quilt - BOM - Blocks 11 & 12

Cut the Corners on the left & Robbing Peter to Pay Paul on the right.

Here's January's installment of the Block of the Month we are working on at Ye Olde Schoolhouse. This month's fabric was the cheddar - best seen as the center square of the block on your right (Robbing Peter to Pay Paul).

I admit I am getting MUCH better at deciphering the patterns! And, the flying geese pieces (4 in one the right and 8 in the one on the left) are a piece of cake now that I am using Eleanor Burns' flying geese ruler and instructions. I actually find them fun!

In these two blocks I used the same two fabrics in the flying geese, just reversing them. I had fun with that and I LOVE how the black fabric came out in the block on the left (Cut the Corners). I was a little nervous about adding the black and will be sure to use it in at least 2 more blocks to balance it out. I got both blocks completed in a few hours.

Normally, since we meet once a month, I pound the blocks out right away and forget about them until our next gathering. It didn't happen that way this month, so on Thursday I will get a fat quarter of fabric and two more patterns.

Twelve down, twelve to go. We're half way there!

No comments: