Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Few Words on Quilting - or My Lack of It.

I haven't quilted in weeks. Packing and organizing have consumed me (well, a couple of other issues, too, but I digress).

I have packed up a lot of my quilting paraphernalia. Six huge boxes. This includes material and patterns for future quilts and completed quits and well as other miscellaneous quilting items. I kept out several kits and projects, both on-going and waiting to complete.

I currently have 4 quilts that need to be bound and I will get 2 more back from the quilter tomorrow. So, hopefully this weekend I can get a few of them machine bound.

Jeannie's BOM quilt is still in progress as is my Underground Railroad quilt. Hopefully, within the next few weeks the Underground Railroad quilt will be sent to the quilters. My dreams of starting the Wisconsin Barn quilt that Jen is offering will probably wait until after I retire. Sigh. I really wanted to start it, but I have my nephew's Double Irish Chain quilt to start ASAP (Ha - that's funny!)

In the midst of this I have to keep my house neat and tidy for possible showings. Ha! That's funny, too!

I kept out my two rolling carts full of scraps and fat quarters for Jeannie's BOM and other small projects. The carts can be tucked into a small closet each night. Both my sewing baskets are still out, but one really should be packed up as it is not used that often. All of the rulers are hang nicely from hooks in a closet.

I've been quilting less than 2 years! Where did all of this come from?

Of all of the things I have packed, I miss my quilting stuff the most. I like having it spread all over the house. I like finding tiny pieces of snipped fabric. I like my threads on the floor. Am I nuts? I crave my rotary cutter and miss the hum of the sewing machine.

Next week I start quilting again!

No comments: