Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Welcome Home Pictures

Here are some pictures of my new home in Georgia. My house is a work in progress so it isn't 100% (& probably never will be!). I didn't include pictures of the dining room because it is still full of boxes and misc. moving things. Also, I only included one picture of my master bedroom because that room will be decorated after I make a quilt for the bed this winter. The room will be decorated around the quilt. But, this is it so far. I just love it! (You may double click on most pictures to get a better look.)


It may seem like a funny place to start, but these are some of the
beautiful shelves in the garage built by Marlon, my wonderful brother-in-law

Welcome to my front porch. I've already had my morning coffee there
many times. Humming birds come to the feeder, too.

Front door greeting


Front door


I love these curtains in my living room from Country Curtains

"Hall way" table

I love the fireplace and will decorate the mantel per the seasons

Living room, looking from dining room


Looking into kitchen from the dining room


One side of kitchen - I forgot to take a picture of the sink side


New kitchen set - looking into porch


Kitchen back door


Screened porch off kitchen


View over the back fence - green belt area


Love this view


Back fence

Master bedroom with Friendship Star quilt

Quilting room closet with wonderful shelves built by the
best brother-in-law in the world


Quilting room window with window valence I made out
of one of my mom's old table clothes

Guest bedroom corner


Guest bedroom wall - thank you Suzanne, Barbara & Jennifer


Guest bathroom with my "glowing" head.


Yes, I sure am!

7 comments:

Jen said...

It looks awesome Julie-Ann! I'm so happy for you!

Cindy said...

Very nice indeed very warm and friendly looking. You've got some great views too.

Earthbound Spirit said...

How beautiful!

Sharon said...

Your new home looks wonderful, Julie Ann ... just like you! :-)

sewprimitive karen said...

It's pretty, Julie-Ann; I like the back porch and the gate out back :-).

QMANN said...

My 100 years-young Mom (now in an eldercare home, always said: "Have what you want, by wanting what you have..."

Hung on a wall in her kitchen (that home has been sold), was a wooden plaque that said: "No matter where I serve my guests, they seem to like my kitchen best!"

Both suit you well, Me Thinks.

Julie-Ann said...

Thanks everyone! I moved so much "stuff" but am using all of except my little kitchen set, which just didn't work. I will need to purchase a few things, but I am very thankful to have all my "stuff" around me. Home is where the heart is and my heart is there, that is for sure!