Thursday, July 22, 2010

Saying Goodbye, Part II

About 6 years ago the house next door to me was for sale and David came to look at it. We talked over the fence and although he didn't buy the house (we found him a better one) a great friendship was born. We have seen each other through a lot of good times and bad times. Maybe wearing these hats is one of the bad times! LOL

David and his daughter, Nicole. Now a beautiful 14 year old and ready for high school, she was only 8 when I first met her. Pictures taken July 14, 2010
********
With Jan and Terri. We all worked for the City's Marketing Department at one time. Jan retired last October and is busier than ever. We had a great dinner and it was fun to catch up. Jan is planning a road trip down in spring and dragging Terri with her! Picture taken July 16, 2010
********

After meeting with Jan and Terri I went to drop off baby presents to Pam. Patrick and Pam's little boy will be born July 30! Shannon will be a big sister!



I had this opportunity to say my good-byes to Pam and my little Shannon. OK - cute pictures but when Shannon was standing on the curb waving good-bye and saying, "I'll miss you, Aunty. I love you!" Well, it felt like my heart was being ripped out. Pictures taken July 16, 2010

*******


What can I say about my beautiful Church Ladies? I have written about them before. They are the wind beneath my wings. Sharon, me, Lori, Cheryl, Amy, Janet and Carrie. Missing (locally) are Kristin, Joanne and Pat. Also missing are Nikki, Miki and Sally, who live in different states.
Thank you for hosting, Sharon. Carrie - the ritual was beautiful. Pictures taken July 17, 2010
*****


With Kate and Brent. Kate has been a great friend for many, many years. It was fun watching their courtship and they had the most meaningful wedding ceremony I have ever been to. I credit Kate with helping me get through a difficult time in my life. Sixteen plus years, dear Kate! Thank you so much for all of your love and support. Pictures taken July 21, 2010.

1 comment:

Tamara, Freyja's Jewels said...

Julie Ann... You are just such a beautiful soul... No wonder you were shown such a loving farewell. I just finished reading the "Rainbow Bridge" poem to Tony... through lots of tears... Good heavens that's a lot of that today... And there's no chocolate to be found in my house! :-o ... Just wanted to point it out... you are just so very beautiful!!! ... hugs, Tamara