Sunday, July 25, 2010

Saying Goodbye - A Surprise




Ellen wasn't at my goodbye party on Friday and I wondered why. Several people couldn't attend because they were cleaning up after the major flooding Milwaukee had the days previous. Later I received a phone message from her that she was working a special duty at E33. Well, E33 was closed to my temporary digs. Guess what? After dinner the whole crew showed up! They stayed only long enough for Ellen to say goodbye and we shared lots of hugs.

Ellen was an adjunct lieutenant for a recruit class years ago at the Academy and I just loved working with her. She is now a captain. I hear battalion chief is in her near future! (And she would have earned it, too!)

Thanks Ellen and the crew at E33! It was a great way to end a great day!

No comments: