Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fall Decorations

A scarecrow to welcome you
Two of the things I really enjoy in my new home here in Canton, GA are my fireplace mantel and my front porch.

Almost every day I sit on the wicker love seat and watch the world go by.  When the humming birds were still here I would spend hours watching them at the feeder.  Now, I am seeing the winter birds arrive.  Although more skittish than the "hummers" some are getting use to me (and Sam) sitting within 10 feet of one of their feeders.


Sam and I both enjoy sitting on the front porch

And, I decorated my porch to fit the season.  The love seat is now covered with a fall colored cloth (actually a tablecloth) that I think looks great and adds warmth to the porch.  The wagon I "won" at the silent auction benefiting the Cherokee County Humane Society.  It was loaded full of garden items - too many to mention.  I really was fortunate to win this item and all of the goodies in it.  A scarecrow, fall leaves, a pumpkin and a wreath on the door complete the decorations.  More Halloween-ish decorations will be purchased after October 31st when they are on sale and they will be carefully kept until next year.  I think a couple witches will grace the tree in 2011.
   
Witches for Halloween


Decorated for the fall

 
My fireplace mantel is also decorated for the season.  And, yes - those are really candy corn pieces in the glass jug.  Ha!  It was full a week ago.  I just changed some of the items out for a couple of weeks and add my collection of witches and my quilted witch panel.  After Halloween I will add some Thanksgiving items and the fall panel will return. 

Moved things around a little

My dining room table has a fall runner on it along with a basket of harvest items.  My coffee table has fall colored candles in a wooden bowl.  Other little fall items are spread out throughout the house.  Even the table in my back screened porch has a fall tablecloth on it. 

The last few years in my house in Milwaukee I hardly decorated at all for the seasons and holidays.  Only the wreath on the front door changed every few months.  Maybe because I usually spent Christmas and Easter here in Georgia with family, that I lost interest in decorating for the seasons in Wisconsin.  This house really calls out for seasonal decorations and I am looking forward to Christmas, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day and the rest of the holidays. 

Halloween door

Fall Door
Almost every house in the subdivision has some fall decorations gracing the front porch or yard.  It is fun to walk every day and see them.  
















It doesn't take much effort to decorate for the seasons (well, expect for Christmas - I have a ton of stuff).  It changes things up a bit and makes the house more interesting.  I enjoy it and I hope you do, too!

No comments: