Saturday, June 25, 2011

WESTWARD HO


Over Easter I spent a week in Mesa, AZ visiting my gal pal Nancy and sister, Linda.  I had a great time. I enjoy visiting this area and love the mountains, but sure was glad to be back in Georgia where it is GREEN! 

Nate and me
 A highlight of the trip was meeting my second cousin, Nathan, son of my cousin, Scott. The last time I saw Nate he was six weeks old. Now he has hair, teeth and is no longer in diapers (joking here) and is all grown up into a very nice and handsome young man. He is attending the University of Arizona on a full scholarship and going into enginering.  Linda and I had dinner with Nathan and his mom, Kaye and had a great time. It was so good to make this connection and next time I am in Arizona I hope we can get together again.


Sister Linda, me, Nate and Kaye, Nate's mom
 Nancy and I went to the Desert Botanical Gardens.  I took a ton of pictures, a few of which are shown below.  It was spring time in the desert and so many plants were in bloom.  It was a lovely day there.
Nancy and I always have fun together and this trip was no exception.  We ate laughed a lot, shopped a little, shared secrets and ate great food (YUM to the Thai and East Indian place, and Agritopia).  The best part is that Nancy is purchasing her very first house in Gilbert, AZ!  I got to tour the house three times and it is just charming.  She closes in a few weeks and I hope to return soon so I can see it all decorated and really made into "Nancy's home."
Alice rocks!
I also stopped at Coopertown - Alice Cooper's bar/restaurant so I could pick up a birthday present and tee shirt for my nephew, Paul.  That was fun.

This was the first time in almost a year I ventured more than 100 miles from my new home here in Georgia.  It felt good!  I'll be back soon, Nancy!


Feeding a squirrel noodle salad!

The three Chichuly glass sculptures at the entrance to the gardens. Fabulous!
If you EVER get a change to see his art, GO!  I have seen his art in various locations
in the United States and it is always wonderful





1 comment:

Earthbound Spirit said...

I played hooky from General Assembly one afternoon with a colleague to go to the Mint Museum of Craft & Design, which was just a couple blocks from the Convention Center. Gorgeous glass art (a few Chihulys, but many others), wood carvings, fiber art... and some everyday objects that were 'designed' to be more beautiful than functional. It was a nice break from the crowds. You're looking great in these photos, too!