Thursday, September 29, 2011

Love of Reading (going to the dogs?)

I have always been an avid reader.  Now, I have the ideal job for me - working part time at the library.  There are so many books that cross my desk that I want to read I couldn't get to them all in my life time.  One really awesome program the library offers is Reading PAWS.  A highly trained dog (we have a lovely greyhound, Cory) comes to the library and children who are struggling with reading can read aloud to the dog for a period of time.  The dog is non-judgmental and offers a "good listener" for these kids.  How cool is that?
I believe the best thing parents can do for their children is read to them when they are young and, hopefully, install in them a love of books.  I didn't think this included dogs.   I always knew my dogs were smart fellows (while at least Sam) ,  apparently, my doggie boys are into reading, too! 

Sam is always trying to improve himself!

He is learning as much as he can about his arch enemy
in order to protect me!
According to Oliver,
"Reading is so hard!  And it makes me
really hungry!  Got any treats?"

This reading stuff is just too much work!
I would much rather nap!
Oh, well. 

No comments: