Thursday, October 16, 2014

FARM HOUSE TABLE PART III

Just a quick update.  Today I went to see the progress on my table.  The wood has been cut and the sanding process of each individual piece has started.  The pieces will be glued and screwed together and the "bread board" added to each end.

While I was there Roy put me to work.  I tried to explain that I had sanded many, many times in my life (even own a palm sander just like this one), but Roy wanted to make sure I am doing it right!  That's OK!

Table will be much wide then these five boards
Love the wood, even the nail holes, which might get sanded out.

My friend, Barbara, is in the background.  June took the pictures.

Here is one of the legs  Well, the legs will not look like this.  Each leg will go onto the lathe and be turned.


It's coming along.  June and Roy tell me the table should be ready for painting and staining in about a week.  So, maybe by Halloween I will be sitting down at a beautiful farm house table to eat my cheerios!

One another note - check out all of the orbs in these pictures.  This is an older building, but full of old furniture.  For those of you who believe orbs are more than just tricks of light, there are many of them floating around in these pictures.  Freaky.

No comments: