Sunday, October 26, 2014

FARM HOUSE TABLE PART IV (will this ever end?)

Yes, these particular posts will end with the next post on this subject (I hope)!

My table is now out of the warehouse/workshop and in June's garage where she will stain and paint it. Just so happens that June lives about a mile from me so I was able to go there this morning and take a quick peek.

Truthfully, I thought it would be done by now.  When June told me it was at her house I wondered why it was there and not here.  I didn't know that she does the final work on a piece outside away from the warehouse where there is dust all over the place.  She moves it to her store, if there is room, or her garage.

Here are the pictures of the table after Roy did his magic on the pile of wood I picked out.  Hard to believe that pile of wood turned into this beautiful table.  The legs will be painted a cream color and top will be stained.  I just can't wait and am so pleased with the table to this point!

Sorry for the shadows.  I tried to
get the length of the table.

Top needs some fine sanding, but the 
"roughness" and knot holes will remain.  

Bread board piece and more of the wood details

Turned legs.  I think I had originally decided
on a leg that had more "curves," but I
really am pleased with how they look.  Perfect!
Another week and it should be in my dining room.  I hope so.  I am getting anxious!

No comments: