Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fall


I really like fall. I think I enjoy this season even more than spring, but not as much as summer.
Here's some of the things I love about fall:
Apple cider, crisp apples, candy corn (Yikes! all food so far!), watching the squirrels gather food, cleaning up the garden, the sound of the leaves in the trees, watching the leaves change color, the changing colors of the birds such as the gold finches, hearing the geese flying overhead and watching their formation, smelling burring leaves, harvest, good sleeping weather, wanting to bake pies, perfect fall days with a slight crisp to the air and blue, blue skies, sleeping under more blankets, knowing that while the plants are straggly they are just getting ready for a long sleep, kids are in school, Halloween and everything related to it - all this and so much more.
What I don't like about fall? I live in Wisconsin. Winter is close behind!

5 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

But just remember, Julie-Ann, the falls in the south are not like that, they're hot and humid :-).

Julie-Ann said...

That's OK with me. In 2008 I (me, myself and I) shoveled 95" of snow. This year I paid neighborhood kids to do it. I won't have to do that in Georgia!

Jackie's Stitches said...

How I'd love to have those red and orange leaves here! We don't get any color like that at all.

Julie-Ann said...

Wisconsin is really pretty in the fall. The colors on the trees can be breathtaking.

Thanks for stopping by, Jackie. I looked at your blog. Welcome to the land of quitling. I starting quilting a month before you did and I am hooked!

Tamara said...

Oh I LOOOOOOOOOOVE fall... And I'm in NOVA SCOTIA! And one of the things I love about fall is that it means the heat of summer is over. But then I'd take 2 winters and a spring and fall if I had to... I wasn't made for summer and would likely not even survive fall in the south. The colours here are amazing! Just getting going now... won't peak for another few weeks. ... Tamara