Friday, September 04, 2009

Tea Time Part 2


The 2 times I have received my block of the month material and pattern for this quilt, I have been disappointed in the colors of the fabric. I think, "Oh, they are so drab and and dull looking." And, each time after I finish piecing the block and get it all together I start to like it. While most of the fabric is something I would not choose, once together the quilt is turning into a very soft and pretty piece. I can't believe how vibrant the colors look in this picture! Click on it for a better look.

I enjoy BOMs. It takes a few hours to get the work done for the month and then I pack it away and forget about it for another month. However, I am starting a BOM called "Green Piece" in October. Again, I ordered it online through The Quilt Shoppe . This quilt will consist of 2 blocks to sew and 2 blocks of applique every month. While my Tea Time is a 6 month project, Green Piece will be sent out over the couse of 10 months.

Now, that will be challenging!

No comments: