Friday, September 04, 2009

Go West, Young (?) Girls

I'm heading today to visit my Aunt Virginia in Little, CO. My sister, Suzanne, who lives in Atlanta will be meeting me at the Denver airport.


Aunt Virginia is my Mom's youngest sister and the last sibling of her family. She is 88 and a very remarkable woman. She loves her adopted state and loves going up to the mountains, participating on an annual camping and fly fishing trip every spring with 2 of her children. Up until a few years ago she still golfed (a passion of hers). She has traveled all over the world. Suzanne and I joke that we strive to be like our Aunt Virginia! (We are very serious though!) I adore hanging out with Aunt Virginia. She is smart, fun and a little sassy!


I'm looking forward to visiting with my cousins and their partners and hopefully, their children.


Now I don't mean sound like this will be the highlight of the trip, because it won't, but our plan is to go to Golden, CO and visit the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum. I squeal with delight every time I think of it. I have never been there before, but checked out the website. It looks fabulous.


I am sure we will get up to the mountains, also. For those of you who have ever spent time in the Colorado mountains, you will know what I mean when I say it is one of my very favorite places to be.
I have a surprise for Aunt Virginia, too. Pictures will be posted when I get back.

Hmmm, between my dear aunt, the mountains and the quilt museum, maybe I'll just stay there! Oops, forgot about my doggie girls. Guess I will return.

1 comment:

sewprimitive karen said...

Good grief, imagine going to that museum! Be sure to tell us all about it.