Thursday, October 15, 2009

Look Familiar?



I made this lap quilt for my nephew, Patrick's, family. Pictured are Pam, Aaron, Patrick, and little Shannon. If the quilt looks familiar it is the same pattern I gave to my Aunt Virginia last month while I was in Colorado. The only difference is the backing material. This quilt was part of the mystery quilt group I participated in earlier this year. At first I thought I would make one large queen sized quilt, but then decided to make 2 lap size quilts and give them away. I had the recipients in mind already. I hope both Aunt Virginia and Patrick's family take a lot of good naps under these quilts!

And, just to show off sweet little Shannon, here she is with the holiday dress her Aunt Suzanne and I bought her. We have started a tradition of purchasing her holiday dress every year. She got it a little early this year. Truthfully, I was afraid I'd forget to give it to her as we bought it a year ago!


We tried to get Shannon to pretend she was sleeping, but she wasn't going to "nap" pretend or not! Here's the Halloween pillowcase I made for her.

1 comment:

sewprimitive karen said...

Shannon is so pretty. and your quilt present recipients look delighted with your gift!