Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Knowing When to Stop?


I decided to put borders on my egg quilt.

I kept adding them and adding them and adding them.

I just love all of the fabrics so very much! I wanted a bigger quilt. Well, it's big alright!


I'm cracking up! (pun intended).

I put the quilt on the bed both the "right" way
and sideways so see how it fit.
I snapped the picture when the quilt was on sidways.
Really - my borders are directional - and correct!
But I had to stop. I wanted to add one more border of the blue, but I will bind it off in it so it will show up. So, it is done. I have enough fabric left for pillow cases and a couple of throw pillows.

I just need to get backing fabric and sent it off to be quilted. Now, I could go for a plain fabric that is 108" wide and make life easier on myself and also a lot less expensive. That would be the practical and sensible thing to do and I am a practical and sensible woman (according to an old beau who loved to tell me so).
Ahhh, but the egg fabric also comes in a very pretty, soft blue . . .
Ka-ching!

2 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

I love it! The egg print is sooo pretty, I have been coveting it also.

Earthbound Spirit said...

Eggs-cellent job!