Thursday, January 06, 2011

IT'S OFFICIAL

I have officially adopted Oliver from the Cherokee County Humane Society.  He was found by CCHS volunteer, Tanya, wondering around the 'hood two weeks ago.  It was evening and the temperature was in the mid-30s.  He was cold, miserable and hungry.  He had no tags, no collar and was not chipped.  After a search to find his owners turned up empty, he became "owned" by the CCHS and I was able to adopt.  Sam and I are thrilled.  

His eyes really match is fur.



Oliver needs a good grooming, but when his stitches (from neutering) are removed I will have it done.

He is so adorable and sweet.  Needs some fattening up, but overall he is a great guy.  Sam loves to play with him!

Oliver is a pure breed Shitzue and very underweight.  However, he is eating well and will soon be where he should be.  He loves to snuggle and is very affectionate.  Sometimes Sam's playing gets a little too rough for him, so he lets Sam know and hides under the table where Sam can't reach him.  Smart little guy!  He follows me around everywhere.  He has a bright blue tag, collar and leash and will be chipped this weekend.  I want to make sure he never loses his way again!

Now, I have my "doggie boys."  Both shelter dogs, both great dogs and companions. 

2 comments:

Earthbound Spirit said...

So your household is back to its full complement of canines! What a cutie pie!

sewprimitive karen said...

Can you imagine him getting lost. There must be a story there. Good thing he has a good home now.