Sunday, June 15, 2014

2014 GARDEN

I'm not big on growing veggies or herbs.  I prefer my flowers, trees and shrubs. 

Since I moved Georgia, I have started growing herbs. It is fun to be cooking, walk out the back door, snip some fresh herbs and add them to the pot.  Mint in tea is great, too.


Since I have boy dogs, I need to keep my herbs, ahhh - elevated - if you get my drift!  While I don't go to Walmart very often, I was in there around the holidays.  They were offering herbs growing in these cute little pots.  I purchased four of them.  The herbs died rather quickly, but I knew I could use the pots for my summer herbs.  The bench was purchased for $15.  It was in rough shape.  I sanded it down, put two coats of oil based primer on it and spray painted the heck out of it.  It is really more of a purple color.  I think it all looks rather cool.


Tucked in the yarrow are two pots of herbs - my rosemary and mint.  The dogs don't like the yarrow and the pots are big enough that they herbs are safe from "extra watering!"


I also decided to try my hand at tomatoes. 

 I choose heirloom tomatoes.  I have four pots, two large and two smaller  In the large pots I added petunias.  Not sure if they will alter the taste of the tomatoes, but they look pretty.


I also recently had my fence power washed and painted.  I think it turned out great and is a good color to highlight my flowers and flowering shrubs.  It's been either too rainy or too hot to sit at my little bistro table.  Maybe one morning I will be able to enjoy my coffee out there.

Watching the tomatoes grow has been fun.  I am looking forward to when I can harvest them! 


Considering my yard looked like this when I moved in four years ago, I think I am doing pretty good!

No comments: