Saturday, June 21, 2014

A YEAR OF QUILTS

I've been a quiltin' the past year.  Some of my own design and some as part of the Saturday Sampler group that meets at The Quilt Shop on Main in Jasper, GA once a month.  Here is a sample of what I've been up to:

I worked every month on the Block of Month, Women of  Courage quilt and it was well worth the work. 

 
 
The colors are vibrant and rich.  It was easy to put all of the blocks together.  I also received a history of each woman the each block represents. While it was fun to learn about all of these women, but the blocks to not represent them in the literal sense, so it was a little disappointing in that respect.  Still needs to be quilted.  I think it will grace my bed when finally done - which may be in 20 years or so!  LOL
 
*****
 
When Karen at The Quilt Shop on Main offers a projects for the Saturday Sampler, you always have two choices as to the fabric.  Cotton, batik, solids, etc.  Below are two exact quilts that I made.  The project was called "Tea and Cookies."  While I like the batik quilt, I love, love, love the cotton quilt!
 




I guess I should have made sure they were both held up in the same direction so that it is more obvious that they are the same "quilt" as far as each block is concerns, but you get the idea.  Both need to be quilted.

*****


The above "Jiffy Nine Patch" was another Saturday Sampler.  Jiffy?  Glad the picture of this little quilt isn't a close up!  I had issues with every block and had trouble putting the blocks together.  Whoosh!  Just happy it is done.  Still needs to be quilted.

*****
 

This little winter themed quilt will be given to my friend, Martha, when completed.  I just used a couple of charm packs, added borders to each individual 5" square and a border.  Click on the picture to get a better view.  Making it went really fast.  I'm not happy with the border.  I might cut it down to 2" and add another 5" border.   But what fabric?  Hmmmm.  Still needs to be quilted!

*****


Here is a little doll quilt I made for my great-niece, Shannon.  I used 1930 fabrics and the pin wheel pattern.  Except for the border and backing, all of the fabric used was scrap fabric from other projects.  It is modeled by my sweet, little neighbor, Meredith.  Her mom, Lisa is the other "arm" in the quilt pictures and her daddy, David, was the photographer.  Big brother Keeton decided to stay out of the pictures.  I have great neighbors!

I currently have three quilts ready at the shop waiting to be quilted.  I have two more Saturday Samplers just about completed.  I think I need to win the lottery in order to have enough money to have all of the quilted! 

No comments: