Tuesday, June 10, 2014

FACEBOOK -VS- BLOGGING

Obviously I have not been blogging.  And, I feel bad about that.  I am not the best writer in the world, but I do enjoy writing.  I miss blogging.

When I moved in Georgia in 2010 I became hooked on Facebook.  It is a quick and easy way to stay in touch with the friends I left behind in Milwaukee and those throughout the States and the world.  One or two sentences, hit post and updates are complete.  I can use Facebook no matter where I am or what time it is.  I don't need my computer or a tablet - my phone can do it all.

But, the thought process, the feelings can be lacking with Facebook.  Similar to the attitude of why pick up the phone to connect to those we care about when we can shoot them a text or a post on Facebook.  Sometimes you just need more, that voice.  Well, that is the way I've been feeling about Facebook.  I need to write more.  I need more of a connection, more of working out my thoughts, more input.

Maybe no one reads my blog.  That's OK.  I am going to start up with my blog posts anyway.  It makes me feel better, helps me work things out (there are lots of my "posts" that have never been officially been posted) and I really enjoy it.  Yes, I will continue to use Facebook, but maybe not so much.  Who knows?

It's good to be back in blog land!

No comments: