Sunday, June 15, 2014

BEAUREGARD

Here's the trouble I have with fostering dogs:  I tend to fall in love with all of them!

Mostly Mutts (MM) posted on their private Facebook page that transport was needed from the Cherokee County Animal Shelter to MM's main office.  All I knew was it was a little boy dog, Yorkie mix.  I had the day off, so I volunteered since I live relatively close to the shelter. 


Well, when they brought out this little guy it was love at first sight. 

His name was Peanut, although at MM we changed it to Beauregard.  I strongly feel that if a dog is to be in your life for a long time, it is one of the family and should be named as one of the family.  Hopefully, Peanut is not given as a human name very often!  I suggested a "good Southern" male name.  After tossing around several names, Beauregard seemed just right.  Beau for short.  I think it fits him perfectly.

He is a hot mess, though.  Hernia, growth on right eye lid, questionable moles on his body, rotting teeth and a slight heart murmur (probably due to the teeth issue).  At seven years old, he was an owner surrender.  Now, don't get me started on why an owner would surrender a wonderful, little guy like Beau and let him get into such bad shape - but, I am not them and try not to judge.  I try, it's hard.  But, he is heartworm negative, which is one thing in his favor.

He goes in for surgery on all of issues this Wednesday.  I am sure he will come out just fine.  Then he will be ready for adoptions. 

Will I?  Hmmm.  . . .

No comments: