Tuesday, August 05, 2014

FOSTER FAILURE

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

After fostering for Mostly Mutts for 7-8 months and lots of foster dogs, along came Lady and stole my heart.


Lady was an owner surrender.  Apparently, her elderly owner had to go into an assisted living facility and there was no one to take her.  He took her to the local shelter and cried when he left her.  Luckily for Lady, she was only there one night before volunteers went and picked her up.


Lady was at the Mostly Mutts facility for a few nights and then I volunteered to foster her over the long 4th of July weekend! Ha!  Within a few hours I knew she was here to stay.

And, I have tried to find her original owner.  I would be more than happy to bring Lady to where he is for a visit and to let him know she is adopted and loved very much.  But, I have ran into dead end.  I will keep trying, though.

Nice to have another female in the house.  I got her a
"girly" girl tag!
Lady is an older girl - somewhere around nine or ten (probably not the 14 as we originally were told by her previous vet clinic).  But, she is full of spirit and loves to be loved.  She is also a perfect lap dog.  She can definitely keep up with Sam and Oliver!
Oliver, Sam and Lady
Lady loves Sam and Oliver and after a few days they were all playing well together.  Our daily walks can get a little crazy, but it's fun, too.  

So, no more fostering for me.  Three dogs in the house is plenty.  But, I can help the rescue group in many other ways and plan to.

Here is my "official" adoption picture.  Not the best of either of us!  But, now my doggie family is complete.  Life continues to be good!  Being a failure at fostering dogs is great!  A new little pup to love!


No comments: