Thursday, August 21, 2014

AVIARY / EGG QUILT


I've been living in Georgia for over four years now.  I still have quilt tops or quilt fabric or quilt kits I purchased in Milwaukee that I have to either start, finish or have quilted and complete.  It's a little overwhelming considering I am still quilting like a maniac.

One of the quilts tops I actually finished in Milwaukee is what I call my egg quilt.  I believe the fabric is from Three Sisters aviary fabric line.


The fabric is soft and girly.  I loved the "egg" fabric.  It is all bird's eggs with the names of the bird printed underneath.  According to pictures of the quilt top, I was making it in 2009.

I decided I needed to get my quilt tops quilted.  Taking them in to have them professionally quilted in chronological order seemed like a reasonable way to do it.  However, gifts come up and other projects I want done first, so this idea didn't always work.

But I finally took the egg quilt to The Quilt Shop on Main to have Karen work her magic on it.



I love the finished quilt.  It makes me laugh, though.  I was a "newbie" quilter when making this quilt.  I loved it, but wanted it longer.  So, I just kept adding borders!

Pink border print border, blue border and "egg" border!  I
think I got a little carried away!

Four borders later I felt the quilt was long enough!  And, it is a good queen sized quilt.

Now that it was quilted, I could not remember if I had purchased fabric to bind it with.  I dug around in my stash and really didn't think I had anything.  However, while downloading pictures for this blog, I found this picture.


Guess I found my binding fabric!  And, I think I know right where it is!


I also love the backing fabric which was picked out at the The Quilt Shop on Main.  I think it is pretty and has birds in it!  You can see the beautiful quilting job.

Quilt tops are slowly getting done, but now I see another problem arising.  How will I ever get the binding done on all of these quilts?  LOL

No comments: