Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy 4th of July!





I will be driving to Michigan tomorrow for a nice, long weekend with my gal pal, Sally. I'm hauling my sewing machine and 2 projects along.

On my little silhouette lady I have to finish blanket stitching about 4 more inches (bottom of her skirt and stool legs) and then I am ready to add the little curtain and border (see previous post). I will finish her at Sally's house.





I'm taking the above kit along. Jen from The Patched Works helped me pick out the material when I was in the store over a month ago. I think we did a great job. The little jars will contain blackberries, lemons, blueberries, strawberries and pears. Makes me hungry just looking at the material! I thought if the weather isn't so great Sally and I could work on it together. Sally started quilting last fall when she was still recuperating and I thought it might be fun to work on it together. Sally made a lovely hand stitched pillow.





AND, I GOT ALL OF MY HSTs COMPLETED for my Friendship Star quilt! Yipee! I'm starting to make the 72 blocks. Of course, I get over excited and had to sew one row together.



My doggie sitter, Mary Sue, will arrive tomorrow to watch over my "girls," Gracie and Lucy Lou. I am so fortunate to have her both as a friend and doggie sitter. Lucy Lou went to the vet for an ear infection yesterday. She is already much improved.






Sally doesn't have internet access at her house in the country so this is my last post until next week. Happy 4th of July everyone and God (or the deity of your choice) Bless America!

3 comments:

MARCIE said...

Have a great weekend and fun with your friend and your projects as well!

Karmen said...

I am so happy to find your blog! I clicked on the link from "Sew Primitive Quilter." Your puppies are adorable, and your work is wonderful.
Karmen

Julie-Ann said...

Thanks Marcie and Karmen.

I had a great time in Michigan and am working on several blog entries. Come back soon!