Friday, June 12, 2009

Mystery Revealed!!!!!!

Ye Olde Schoolhouse Quilt Shop offered a mystery quilt for the Thursday Ladies Friendship Group and I was lucky enough to participate in it.




The ladies are so nice and friendly and it was fun to make the quit. At first I thought I would turn the lap top quilt into a queen size so I doubled the amount of fabric I purchased. I then decided to make 2 lap top quilts to give as gifts.


Every month we got clues. We had to double the clues as it was moving a bit too slow. This month we were able to "solve" the puzzle. I still need to sew the rows together on this one and sew the second one completely together, but it is done very quickly. And I need to add a double border to what you see in the picture so it will look different when completed. While each quilt will look exactly the same from the front, the backing will be different on each one.


We used the book, Mystery Quilts by Rita Fishel and receive our copies on Thursday. It is full of fun stories, recipes and mystery quilts! If you want to make fast, easy lap quilts or twins, I highly recommend this book.

2 comments:

Jen said...

That turned out great Julie-ann!

Julie-Ann said...

Thanks! I have the boarder on one of the quilts and it looks good. It is exciting to see quilts all come together.