Monday, June 08, 2009

Head in the Stars

Well, I've completed the sampler quilt and the baby quilt. At the last minute I decided to put a border on the baby quilt. I had just enough material. I really didn't like how it was turning out, but once I added the border it looks great. I'm so happy with it now! Both quilts will be sent to Meandering Mary later this week for quilting.



Now I'm back to the Friendship Star quilt. It will be a large queen size quilt. I have had it all cut for months, it just kept getting pushed onto the back burner. I have 2 blocks done out of 72! Tonight I decided to get all of the "star" squares done and then it will be easy to put the blocks together. I cut 288 squares - 144 of each color (it's a 2 color/fabric quilt). It takes time to draw the sewing / cutting lines and then squaring each off after sewing, cutting and pressing is a pain in the butt. Oh, well . . .

I think it will be great when done - maybe when I'm 90!

No comments: