Thursday, June 04, 2009

Last Class

Ye Olde Schoolhouse offers 3 beginning quilting class, spread out over the course of 3-4 months. The very beginning class is a table runner, then a Buckeye Beauty wall hanging and finally a sampler quilt.


I think this is great, because not everything is dumped on the student at one time. Each class offers new techniques and challenges. Plus, Diane is the BEST teacher. And, owner Jeanie will stop in during the class with cookies fresh from the oven!


This week I finished my last class - the sampler class. I took it with my gal pal, Terri, who hadn't taken one quilting class in her life! Boy, after the first class she was frustrated and she probably wanted to kill me. She hung in there and as the 6 weeks moved along, she got the hang of it and enjoyed the class as much as I did (I hope)


Here are some pictures of our quilts, still not quite finished. As of this writing I have to add one more border and get the backing ready, so it should be ready to go to the quilter tomorrow night. Terri is maybe a day behind me!


As a thank you for all of her help and teaching I have Diane a Jim Shore figurine. It is of a quilting angel.





Terri's quilt

My quilt

No comments: