Saturday, December 12, 2009

I've Hit The Mother Lode

My church lady friend, Cheryl, told me recently that she had done some quilting and had a lot of quilting books she was getting rid of. Knowing that I quilted she asked if I wanted them.

YES! YES! YES!

Cheryl told me she was keeping 20 books for herself, but I was still cluelss as to how many books on quilting she had. Friday night, before our annual Winter Solstice church lady gathering, Cheryl dropped off the books. And, books. And, books.



EIGHTY QUILTING BOOKS! EIGHT-OH!

I feel like a kid in a candy store. I can't take my eyes off of them, I keep picking them up and paging through them. I'm on overload!

THANK YOU, CHERYL! What a great friend!

I have quilting books of and for every shape, design, pattern, and technique. I'm giddy! There are a few color technique books, hand quilting, machine applique and quilting, quilting clothings, paper piecing . . . you name it, I got it.

Fortunately, Phil gave me 3 wonderful quilting books for Christmas - one Eleanor Burns and two by Kathleen Tracy, which were not included. I am pouring over these books as well. Oh, I love the history Kathleen includes in her books. I enjoy following her blog, too.

What wonderful gifts as our long winter nights approach. After sewing each evening I can curl up (under one of my own quilts) and page through book after book.

Almost heaven!

2 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Instant library LOL!

Earthbound Spirit said...

When dear daughter #1 was home for the holiday, we went to Half Price Books (20% off between Xmas & New Year's). She bought a book on lap quilting... She has a lot of fabric (gifted to her from other fabricaholics) and decided to play with quilting over her break. What can I say? She loves to sew and do all kinds of things with fabric (mostly self-taught)!