Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Almost Over, New Beginnings

My wonderful brother-in-law, Marlon, all tuckered out after playing Santa

Another holiday season comes to a close. If you are like me this year, it is a relief! That isn't to say that I didn't have great holidays . . . I did. But, it will be nice to settle into a routine again.

My Thanksgiving was awesome - spent in Mesa, Arizona with gal pal, Nancy. Christmas week was in Atlanta. Suzanne, Marlon, Paul and I had a quiet holiday, but nice. The week was very busy.

Caroling in Suzanne's subdivision. It was fun, but I lip synced!

This New Year's Eve will be spent at home, quilting. My gal pal, Amy, was going to come up, but I have a cold and am not sleeping well. I'm tired and just want and need to be alone. Amy, too, is not feeling well. I think we both will spend most of this weekend in our jammies. I know I will be quilting and resting. I hope she starts to feel better, too.

A wild New Year's Eve at my house. Suits me fine!

I need to reflect on what I want to be, where I see myself a year from now, what goals I need to achieve. 2010 will be a banner year, with retirement in August, selling my house and moving to a different state. Throw in a very troubled relationship and it makes an interesting mix.


A big portion of this mix will be resolved within the next week or so. One way or another it will have huge impact on my life. I've been stalled at this fork in the road for a long, long time. Soon the path will be clear and time to start moving forward.

When I "googled" New Beginnings, this picture came up. It is awesome and very appropriate for me! I love it!

No resolutions. Life can change too much for that! Just goals, more hopes, aspirations and dreams. A new direction, a new reality. I think I better fasten my seat belt. 2010 is going to be be an interesting ride.

3 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Happy New Year, Julie-Ann! You're going to have so much fun this year, your retirement year :-).

Christine said...

Sounds like we're in this one together. There will be a lot going on over here, too.

antique quilter said...

hope you figure it all out
wow retirement thats exciting! and moving to a new state...can I ask which one???
WE hope to retire in about 5 years and still trying to decide where!
always interesting in hearing where others are choosing and why.
HOpe everything works out the way you want it to
Kathie