Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Butterflies

Last Friday I had the privilege of meeting my blogging friend, Misti. Click here to visit her awesome blog. She took me to a beautiful garden and home decor store called Scottsdale. We enjoyed coffee while drooling over all of the beautiful items for sale as well as the plants outside. The best part was knowing that I now have another new friend "live and in person!"



I had noticed a plant in my neighbor, Shane's, yard that really attracted butterflies. It peeks just over the fence and I would see 6 or 7 butterflies at a time. I saw this plant while with Misti and she told me it was called lantana. Over the weekend I saw Shane and told him how much I was enjoying his lantana and the butterflies and he surprised me by giving me a HUGE pot with two HUGE lantana plants that he did have the time or room to plant in his yard.



While it still isn't in the ground, I have been watering the plant and as soon as the ground is soft enough to dig (please, let us get some rain) it will go under my bedroom window. I will be able to enjoy it from my bedroom and while sitting in my porch. As soon as it was placed, the butterflies started coming to visit.I love this picture that highlights not only a beautiful butterfly and the lantana, but also the dragonfly stained glass pieces I have in my bedroom window.

Today I snapped some shots of the butterflies. However, they were scared off by a furious creature that snuck into my yard. As Misti would say, "RAWWWRRRRR!"

3 comments:

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Wow--How sweet of your new neighbor! Love the lantana bushes! Your sweet Sam looks adorable, too. So glad we finally got to meet, and especially at that fabulous store!

~Misti

Earthbound Spirit said...

Ooh - ferocious Sam! He looks fierce with a flower on his cute little head...

Julie-Ann said...

Sam is quite a character! However, ferocuius and fierce he isn't - well, maybe HE thinks so! He loves to chase grasshoppers around the yard! I guess if I was a grasshopper I would be terrified of him! LOL He is exactly what Gracie and I needed.