Monday, August 16, 2010

Julie Ann -vs- Crab Grass


It's war.

Me against the crab grass that took over my yard.

I've won in the back yard, but there is a huge battle going on in the front yard. I think I am starting to win the battle, but, boy, it ain't easy.

I'm use to my lush, beautiful grass in Wisconsin. Grass down here is different, but it can look beautiful. My neighbors have great lawns and they, too, have to work at it.



So, I sit on the ground or sidewalk and pull, pull, pull. After the crab grass is pulled, the lawn looks scares. Big, brown, dirt spots. Well - the grass better hurry up and start to fill in. Otherwise - it's next!


2 comments:

Becky said...

Ahh -- the joys of homeownership! I had a bat in my house last Thursday. Of course Cary was out of town!

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Darn crabgrass! Kip uses pliers to pull it up, because it will break you trying to rip it out of the ground. I hope you will that battle soon!

~Misti