Thursday, August 12, 2010

Gal Pal Visit

On July 25, one day after I finally arrived in Canton and in my new home for good, Sally and Amy arrived for a visit!



Sally & Amy on my porch

We all had a good visit, but we all agree it was very strange.


First, Sally and Amy stopped at a restaurant on the drive down for breakfast and both got food poisoning. So, they were both under the weather for a couple of days. Sally got a UTI on top of the poisoning and we spent a couple of hours at the hospital ER so she could be meds.

It was so hot that the girls, recovering, really didn't handle the heat well. Truthfully, none of us did. Amy spent one night with her sister in Anderson, NC and on Friday left for Nashville to visit another friend. Sally and I just hung out. This included Sally treating me to a pedicure! Something we both love.


Sally getting a pedicure

Unfortunately, Lucy Lou (my doggie girl) started failing on Thursday. On Sunday after dropping Sally off at a midway point between here and Nashville to meet up with Amy, I had to put Lucy Lou down. (A story to painful to write about now.)

But, we had fun including wonderful Armenian dinner at Sue and Marlon's house, Sally cooking a great Puerto Rican meal here, a trip to Helen, GA and many laughs and great conversation. We ate well! It didn't matter what was going on around us, as along as we were together. That is what friendship is all about.

Amy and Sally assured me they would come again, but never in July or August! I'm hoping for Thanksgiving!

No comments: