Thursday, August 12, 2010

Doggie Spa Morning

Gracie is feeling a little depressed lately. Well, to be truthful, we both are. It's been a lot lately for us - the death of someone special in my life, the move, driving to and from Wisconsin several times, finally driving down for good, adjusting to retirement, Sally and Amy's visit (a very good thing) and then Lucy Lou's death. Whew! I am surprised we are both able to get out of bed in the morning.

Gracie was looking a little raggy and matted so I called around and got her into the groomers for a complete make over. I wanted her fur cut very short because of the high temps down here lately.



She came back looking (and smelling) lovely. The bows only lasted a short time, but long enough for me to get these pictures.


Even after a spa morning, Gracie still looks sad. She misses her doggie sister, Lucy Lou.


We are both adjusting. We miss those who have passed. Gracie still isn't eating like she should, but we are both doing better. I'm looking into adopting another rescue dog to keep us both company. Life goes on.

But, truthfully, what girl doesn't feel better after a day at the spa? Hmmm, where are the yellow pages? I think I find a day spa and book time for myself - but at a spa for humans!

1 comment:

Tamara, Freyja's Jewels said...

She looks so sweet! I think I'd settle for the 'doggie spa' ... Think they'd take me? LOL ... Especially if I could get a "complete makeover" in one day! Looking forward to catching up on your other posts!!