Saturday, August 14, 2010

SAM, I AM!

Meet Sam, the newest member of my household!



OK, OK - I know I said I would wait a couple of months before I adopted another dog. I know I said I would never have a "boy" dog. I know I said I would never have another dog that sheds (although he won't shed nearly as much as Lucy Lou).


BUT - JUST LOOK AT THIS FACE!




Who can resist this face? I am such a sucker for a handsome face
(George Clooney, move over)


I had been to the Cherokee County Shelter once before and went today on a lark. Took one look at old Mr. Mellow (his stupid shelter name) and fell in love. Brought Gracie back to meet him, got my nephew Paul's blessing, and we are all home.

Sam's "tough guy" look. It doesn't work. He is a mush.

Sam is a terrier mix (where did those ears come from?), about 17 lbs. (needs a few more pounds) and a real love. Sam appears to be completely housebroken and knows how to "sit." He is goofy, lovable and quite a happy fellow. He is approximately 1 1/2 years old.

Gracie doesn't seem so depressed and is starting to eat her kibble again (just in case Sam eats it first). I think we will all be OK.

8 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Well, Sam is a lucky little doggie. It is wonderful that you adopted from the shelter. Gracie must be glad that Sam is there despite the Kibbles threat. You know it is still fairly warm here in Thanksgiving :-).

Earthbound Spirit said...

Welcome, Sam! What a cutie! His ears make him look like he's part fox. I will have to send out a photo of Michael's dog, Burger. He's a cutie, too.

Misti said...

Oh, I am so excited that you saved a doggie from the shelter! I know Mr. Sam has found THE BEST home he could possible find. What a cutie pie he is! Gracie will once again be complete! And I have a feeling that you will be, too.

~Misti

QuilterPattiO said...

Sam look as if he is part Westie. I have two males and they are such great companions. These are my second pair and when we went looking for them my husband researched and found that females are more moody and start fights so we ended up with two brothers. The last two were both rescue but fat chance we could find two again. It always good to have two, they have each other when you aren't there. Of course they have each other to get in to trouble with also. Double your pleasure and your trouble. PattiO

Becky said...

Sam is so cute! I just keep smiling when I look at his pics. Congratulations to the three of you!

Sharon said...

Soooo cute, Julie Ann! Congratulations on your new family member. LOVE your writing style, with the pictures interspersed. Definitely caused some smiles here!

Sharon said...

Sam's ears ... maybe he has some papillion in him?

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Hi Julie Ann; came over to say hello from Misti's blog. I love Sam's face & would be a sucker for his good looks too. He reminds me a bit of my dog ( : Your a good person for giving him his rightful home. Best of luck with him and have a good week ahead!

Cheers ~ deb